Advantages of learning how to drive a manual car Some of the advantages of driving a manual vehicle are:
- Control the vehicle through gear usage rather than the brakes.
- Better fuel economy (if driven correctly).
- Cheaper in purchase price and repair cost.
- It is easier to control your speed, especially on a downhill situation (keeping in a lower gear)
- If you know how to drive a manual vehicle, you can drive any vehicle.
Learning to drive an automatic car is a popular choice
- A shorter time to learn to drive
- No stalling
- No gears
- It makes learning to drive easier, particularly for older or disabled people
- More confidence. Not stalling or rolling back on hills
- Less distraction ‐ no clutch or gear lever to coordinate
- Less tiring
- Less cost ‐ need less lessons than manual